FIRST AID OFFICERS & SPORTS TRAINERS
The Melbourne Sports Institute have qualified First Aid Officers & Sports Trainers available for ongoing weekly sport positions, or one off carnival events. In the event of an unexpected injury or illness, we ensure athletes are to be treated in a timely and effective manner.
Our qualified staff understand the importance of providing a safe environment for which athletes can thrive within and their skills include:
- Injury Management (Soft Tissue, Structural, Skin wounds)
- CPR, Defibrillator & Anaphylaxis application
- Athlete preparation (Warm up/Warm Down, Stretching, Strapping)
- Common medical conditions affecting athletes (Shock, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, heart related, viral, chronic, cardiovascular emergencies, chronic illness and injuries, spinal, brain and head, dental, chest and abdominal)
- Heat & Cold illness (Regulating body temperature, heat cramps, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, affecting factors, weather conditions, clothing)