MELBOURNE SPORTS PLACEMENT PROGRAM
The Melbourne Sports Institute Placement Program can offer:
• Flexible times including Saturday mornings
• Experience that can lead to a job with us in the sports industry
• Administration and practical experience
• Develop valuable networks within the sports industry
• Valuable experience to assist you getting a job
At the Melbourne Sports Institute we will be able to provide you with experience in the following areas:
• Administrative tasks related to human resources and recruitment
• Coach allocations
• Coach and Umpire assessments
• Liaise with client schools
SPORTS COACHING/UMPIRING POSITIONS IN OUR CLIENT SCHOOLS /STUDENT MANAGEMENT
• Structure, strategies and tips when working with students.
• How to engage the disengaged student with sport.
• Gaining the respect of even the most intimidating student.
• Showing and teaching students the connection between sport involvement and important Life Skills (e.g. health, sense of accomplishment, communication, teamwork)
• How to improve your chances that students will listen to your instructions and how to keep students on task.
• The importance of constructive feedback for the student and the coach.
If you think this is the type of work you would be undertaking for your placement opportunity, please contact us and we will arrange a time for you to come into the office for a discussion.